Tuesday, July 20, 2010

Shish Kabobs

For a lack of knitting content, I will share with you Beef Shish Kabobs on the grill. My youngest daughter saw them on a cooking show and she's been pestering me to make them. I've never even thought about making them, but I thought why not?

So, we made the trip to the grocery store and we stopped at the butcher's counter. Ready-made beef or chicken kabobs.....$3.99 a piece! That's right....$4 a stick.

Hmm....so, I asked the young lady behind the counter what kind of meat would I need to make my own shish kabobs? The nice young lady directed me to the top sirloin. Two cuts of beef, (approx. 2 1/2 lbs) for $8.99, plus all the other ingredients.....I made 10 kabobs for about $15 total. I already had the fixings for the marinade.

Oh my goodness..........they were delicious! My family says that this recipe is a keeper.






I received a confirmation e-mail today that my yarn for my sweater project has been shipped. It should be here soon.

1 comment:

Joansie said...

Yummy! I'm coming over for dinner next time.

Camo & Pumpkin Hats