Wednesday, June 30, 2010

Sometimes You Just Have To Give Up & Start Over

For the longest time, I've been wanting a knitted white cardigan sweater for myself. I've searched and searched for just the right pattern. I even have software that will help me design a sweater for Moi, but I can't quite get the hang of the darn thing.

So, I've been playing with 2 different sweater patterns and I can honestly say that I'm less than thrilled with either of them. I keep knitting and knitting, hoping and praying that it gets better.

Then...I read these blogs from Wendy Knits:

No Worries
and No Guilt


It was like a breath of fresh air! I think that I'm going to rip out both sweaters and start out fresh. Maybe a new project altogether? Maybe new yarn?



3 comments:

Sandy said...

I hate to rip out but agree sometimes you have too. But, often instead of ripping out, I change the intent of the item. Sometimes too, some yarns don't do well frogged.

Working on something you're not happy with is hard, ripping out is hard. Sometimes my mood controls which option I choose.

Good luck to you
Sandy

Joansie said...

Oh, gosh. We've talked so much about "the white sweater". Sure you don't want to set aside for six months and then revisit it?

spinndiva said...

Hello!

I wanted to thank you for the sweet comment you left on my blog! It always makes my day, when I receive one! Specially from a new reader, or one I haven't heard from before!

As to the ripping out: I have no problem with ripping things. :) I do it often enough LOL If I don't like it, never mind how far I am I will rip it back!

That's the great thing about knitting: you don't loose the medium you work with, not like dried glue, or cut paper... you can start over almost as if nothing happened.

Good luck to you with your knitting!

Big hugs,

B.

A Couple of Little Projects