Tuesday, June 01, 2010

1 Year Ago Today

It was 1 year ago today, June 1, 2009; I had foot surgery to remove an acutely painful bunion.




Was is difficult?

No, it wasn't too difficult. I have been wonderfully blessed with great friends and family that helped out along the way.

Was it a hardship? Not, really, it was much harder trying to live a normal life with the bunion.

Was the surgery and the 7-month recovery worth it? Definitely. No more bunion pain. I have other issues, such as other foot problems and arthritis, but I'm managing.

Today, I can do everyday things with my family and for my family with minimal discomfort. I have a permanent surgical pin in my great toe, so it's been a challenge as well as an adjustment learning to ambulate independently. My balance still leaves a lot to be desired, but hopefully my body and my mind will adjust.

I wish that I could say that I had got a lot of knitting accomplished, but that wasn't the case. I did however, had a lot of fun starting projects and ripping them out and starting over.

2 comments:

glorm said...

To feel better? Oh, yes, it's worth it. Glad that problem with your foot is over. Thanks to you, I found out what a bunion is.

Joansie said...

So glad you are feeling so much better. You've been through a lot in the last couple of years.

A Couple of Little Projects