Monday, May 03, 2010

Toe-Up Socks and Other Stuff



I've been a way for a while. I've thought about blogging, but just never got around to doing it, and the longer that I stayed away...the harder it was to get started again.

Sorry for the cloudy photo (see above), this wild turkey was in my back yard this morning. I took the photo through the screen window, because I knew that as soon as I had tried to open the door for a better picture it would be gone.

I took a break from knitting both toe-up socks on their own needles simultaneously and I worked on a dishcloth.



This is one of my favorite dishcloth patterns! I got this Sugar and Creme yarn a little bit ago and I could wait to use it. Click here for >>> PDF of the Eloomanator’s Diagonal Knit Dishcloth.

After I satisfied my need to work with some bigger knitting needles, I went back to working on my Serpentine Toe-Up Socks.







I love working the heel this way. In case you're wondering, I like to knit my socks on 2-Cirs. I have a friend that likes to call this Ninja knitting. Others have commented that it looks like I'm undergoing some type of acupuncture.

Here's a close up of the pattern.



It sort of looks like cables (serpents) intertwining. I know......the pattern would show up better on a solid color yarn. Hmm....my B-day is just around the corner, maybe, just maybe I could request some more sock yarn??? If you haven't started knitting socks......don't. They're very addictive!

In between knitting projects, I've been looking through Elizabeth Zimmermann's book Knitting Without Tears. I just wanted to see what all the fuss is about.



Well, I'm at the leg portion of my toe-up socks and I'm anxious to get them finished, so that I can try a different method of binding off. Stay tuned and I will try not to be away for so long.

1 comment:

Joansie said...

So great to see you back! Love the socks and I must attempt toe up socks soon. Have you tried toe up on two circulars?

Camo & Pumpkin Hats