Friday, May 07, 2010

Serpent Socks Are FinishedI



I finished the Serpentine Socks. This is my second pair of Toe Up socks. Yay me! This pattern is also from Wendy Johnson's book: Socks from the Toe Up.




I really enjoy making top up socks using the "Easy Toe" method found in Charlene Schurch's book Sensational Socks. The heel is so simple and easy, which done by doing increases instead of picking up sts. for the gusset.



I also learned a terrific method of doing a stretchy bind-off.




It's called Jeny's Surprisingly Stretchy Bind-Off. I wish that I had known about this method when I did my first pair of toe-up socks. This video was a big help, but I found it easier to concentrate if I turned the audio off.



I'm so pleased the way that these turned out. I also knitting both socks at the same time on their own separate set of 2-Cirs. It was so nice to have both of them done at the same time and they fit perfectly.

Here's my next experiment in the works.




2 comments:

Joansie said...

The socks look great and the tip is wonderful. I'll have to try that one.

LizzieK8 said...

LOL! That's what everyone says about Cat Bordhi videos. "Turn off the sound!" She can drive you crazy, can't she? Fantastic designs and ideas, tho!

Very pretty socks. I really enjoy toe ups so much now that I learned Judy's Magic Cast On.

Kiwi Baby Sweater and Hat