Thursday, May 13, 2010

My Birthday Gift from Knit Picks

I was going to blog about my latest toe-up experiment, but then this came in the mail today!





It's called a Sock Cocktail from Knit Picks. Look at all the yarn!



It's Knit Picks yarn called Stroll. I've never used it before, so I'm anxious to try it. I'll be sure to give a review after I've had a chance to play with it.

I'm so excited about this kit, because there's enough yarn here to knit 5 prs. of women's (large) socks, plus some socks with the leftovers. The kit also comes with patterns that can be done either cuff down or toe-up. You choose the toe style, the heel style and the cuff style that suits you.

I also got some other goodies for my birthday.



I got some 40" cables so that I can knit hats & mittens with the Magic Loop method. I also ordered so connectors, so that I can make my cables any length I need.



And, of course, I had to get some new knitting needles!

4 comments:

Joansie said...

I"m really anxious to hear how you like the kit. Does it mean that any one of those patterns can be knitted either cuff down or toe up? Or are some cuff down and some toe up?

Sandy said...

Fabulous colors, will be anxious to see what you create. Awesome kit, and naturally all the extra goodies, needles etc. Who wouldn't be excited?

I use 16 inch round when I do hats, haven't tried the magic loop method. What's the advantage of doing that?

Sandy

Deb said...

Hi Sandy,

I can't find your -e-mail addy so that I can answer your question about why I like to use the Magic Loop for hats.

I like to knit hats & mittens via Magic Loop, because I don't have to switch over to DP's when decreasing for the crown of hats or the fingertips of the mittens. It keeps everything pretty straight-fwd. Try it, you might like it.

glorm said...

Wow--some nice presents there. Happy Belated Birthday!