Monday, March 15, 2010

Haven't Been Knitting Much

I haven't been knitting much this past week, so I haven't made much progress on my second Van Dyke sock.

Last week, we switched from Verizon DSL to Verizon Fios. The verdict is still out on whether or not if I like it very much. We did not sign on to get their DVDR, because we already have one that I like and use a lot. That being said, we can't get much of anything to work, but the TVs. We couldn't even get on the Internet until after I got into the Network setting and tweaked them myself. First, I talked to a Verizon techy guy and he had come to the conclusion that we weren't able to get on-line because "something has corrupted your browsers". I don't think so..... Neither Mozilla Firefox nor IE would work. So, after much fiddling around, which has cut into my knitting time, by the way, I got the computer/Internet working.

The TVs work, however, we still can't get the VCR or the DVD Recorder to scan in the channels and work. Dear Hubby has been trying to get things going, so I haven't been able to knit. Hubby doesn't understand why? Well, every few seconds, I'd heard from out behind the entertainment center..."How about now? Do you see anything? Anything working yet?" This went on for hours, Fri., Sat. and part of Sun. There was no use trying to pick up the knitting needles unless it was to throw that at somebody from Verizon.

Hopefully, I'll be able to get back to my socks tonight.

2 comments:

Joansie said...

I hate, hate, hate Verizon (now called Fairpoint in Vermont). The tech guy awhile back talked me into deleting my profile and in the same conversation when we couldn't get the wirelss to work again, he said I would have to buy a $29.99/mo. tech support package to fix that problem. I'm not a happy camper so I still don't have wireless.

Sandy said...

I understand completely the frustration you're feeling. I love Verizon for my phone; but haven't bundled stuff so my internet is still Warner Cable/Road Runner which we've had for years. Hubby has wireless and hasn't had any trouble.

Sorry things have been so messy for you, hope it improves soon.

Sandy

A Couple of Little Projects