Friday, February 05, 2010

Striped Hat for DD

Recently my DD had been gifted a new jacket, one of those reversible ones. It's hot pink on one side and light pink on the other. The jacket didn't have a hood, so what was she to do? She asked if it was possible for me to knit her a hat that would match her jacket? Of course it was! I couldn't wait to visit my favorite yarn store and pick up the coordinating colors for her.

Who would have ever thought that it would be so hard to find a hot pink? Maybe all the pinks were snatched up for Valentine's Day? I finally settled on Caron's Simply Soft in "Watermelon" and in "Pink".



This is just your basic hat done in the round on 2-Cirs. I did 3 rows of hot pink and 2 rows of light pink on a CO 80 sts. I tried several attempts of doing the "Jogless Stripes", but I just couldn't get things to jive for some reason. DD is very pleased with the finished result and that's all that matters.




In case you're wondering...yes, we did get snow...er...still getting snow.




Crazy dog loves it. He's out there tasting snowflakes. (Check the very bottom of photo.)


2 comments:

Joansie said...

I love the hat, Deb. Pastels are my favorite.

glorm said...

Great hat, Deb. We who knit and crochet for Barbie grab the bright pinks. I can assure you that I didn't buy all the bright pink from your yarn store.