Tuesday, February 16, 2010

I'm Snowed In, So I Knit

I've been snowed in for about 2 weeks now. It really hasn't bothered me all that much, because I have never been much of a winter weather type of person. I didn't even like it as a kid. Building a snowman or sledding was never my thing. Give me summer anytime.

One of my friends asked if I had cabin fever yet? I told her," No, that as long as I have my knitting and TV, I'm a happy camper." Probably my biggest concern was keeping food in the house as well as T.P. We're also on day 12 of going without ordering pizza for delivery. This is becoming a fun challenge to see how many meals I can re-invent during this winter blast.

So, I've been knitting a little more than usual, but I don't have much to show for it. I started working on a sock, but I didn't like the yarn, so that was frogged. I knitted a headband, because my hair is getting too long, but I can't get to the hair stylist, but the headband didn't turn out the way I liked, so that too, was frogged. I was working on a baby sweater, but I became bored with that, so I put that aside.

I has started a heavy-weight boot sock, made with Lion Brand's Wool-Ease yarn. It looks and feels very nice, but I'm afraid that it's going to be too thick for my comfort, so this will probably get frogged and turned into a hat & scarf set.


1 comment:

Joansie said...

Can you believe it that I have no snow here in the valley in Vermont. I wouldn't mind being stuck in the house with knitting.

Love the sock and the colorway.

2 Baby Girl Sweaters Finished