Sunday, January 31, 2010

Side-Tracked by Knitting Paraphernalia

Did you ever have one of these days? It's a cold Sunday evening. I'm all mentally set to curl up on the sofa with my knitting a couple of TV shows or movies. Something was missing....right now I can't even remember what it was that I was looking for, but I got side-tracked by it.

In my living room, I have what I like to refer to as "my own little corner of the world." It's an end-table that sits at the end of the sofa that's my favorite knitting spot. The said end-table has a lamp & a caddy that hold all sorts of remotes. The end-table also holds a lot of my current knitting projects. Underneath is where a lot of my knitting stuff ends up. Knitting magazines, knitting books, patterns, tablets with knitting notes, Zippered plastic bags full of projects with the promise of being finished some day. Zippered bags of yarns and needles. My kids call it "a hot mess".

So anyway, here I was all set to work on a hat, a sweater, a sock....anything, but I got to searching for something and I ended up reorganizing my knitting needles and freeing some that have been held prisoner with projects that had been started, but in all likelihood never to be completed. I untangled several balls of yarn, my least favorite thing to do, and I re-wound them. A couple hours have passed. I probably could have finished a hat, or at least made a lot of progress on a sock.........but at least now, the end-table resembles an end-table and not a hot mess.

Maybe, just maybe I can get a few rows done before going to bed tonight.

2 comments:

Joansie said...

Oh, but doesn't it feel good to have everything organized.

Anonymous said...

What a great resource!