Wednesday, November 04, 2009

Ovarian Awareness Socks finished!

I started these socks back in April. The pattern was great. Lisa Lloyd's Breast Cancer Awareness Socks aka Pink Ribbon Socks. The original link seems to broken, so here's another one from Mary Maxim: Breast Cancer Awareness Socks. I used Baby Ull Dalegarn in teal for the color of Ovarian Cancer awareness. I have 2 Ovarian cancer survivors in my family.

Here's the ribbons made by knitting cables.






The yarn is as soft as butter and I think that is would be nice for baby garments as well. I had to use two 50-gram skeins. The first skein was nice. The second skein, not so nice. The yarn was frayed and split in random spots. Grr....it was so bad that I had to cut & tie ends together. I hate having knots in socks, esp.; since this pair are to be gifted.

Well, I'm glad that this is another project completed. Now, I hope to finish the baby blanket soon and I can CO another pair of socks, of course. I already have several patterns in mind.


5 comments:

Joansie said...

Love, love, love those socks. Usually I know what you are knitting but this was a nice surprise. Instead of knitting in knots, try cutting the knot out and "stranding" the yarn.

Grandma Elsie said...

Very pretty...Love the color.What will you wear them with ?
I just finished a pair too

Gramma 2 Many said...

I just found you through Grandma Elsie. I was going to comment the same comment as Joansie. Wool, especially will felt together after a washing so knots are never necessary.
I love the color too.

Briley said...

The socks are beautiful!

Sorry to hear about the troupbe you had with the yarn. Here is a good option for joining non-felting yarns:
http://www.knittinghelp.com/videos/knitting-tips?searched=russian+join&highlight=ajaxSearch_highlight+ajaxSearch_highlight1+ajaxSearch_highlight2

Sandy said...

Love the color, those socks look so comfy. It's been years since I've used any Mary M's yarn. I don't get their catalog anymore; though if I can make a dent in my stash would surely love to order some more.

Sandy

Camo & Pumpkin Hats