Thursday, October 08, 2009

I Will Not Cast On, I Will Not Cast On

So much knitting and so little time. I have a gigantic zipper bag that is over-flowing with all kinds of yarn. I keep telling myself that I'm not going to buy anymore yarn until I have used most of it, but I don't think that's going to happen in this lifetime. (I have even taken up the notion of learning to crochet...maybe it will use up the yarn faster???)

I've been diligently working on a gold & black baby blanket as a baby gift for a family member. I've been feeling the need to switch to something else. Lord knows I have tons of UFOs all around the house that are just begging for my attention. My family can vouch for this as well.

Today was sort of lazy day for me. Hubby and all the kids have been sick with one thing or another. Hubby has a terrible cough which seems to disturb only my sleep. I didn't feel like working on the baby blanket, so I did some browsing through patterns on the Net. Yes, I went looking for trouble...temptation.

So, this is what is on my to-do-list in the near future, and I'm going to use yarn already in my stash.

1. Simple Textured Socks - A Pattern by Kay Redding. She's one of my favorite designers. Simple & beautiful! That says it all.

2. Log Cabin Baby Blanket using Cascade Sierra Yarn PDF

3. Dragon Scale Keyhole Scarf: Free Pattern!


I Will Not Cast On, I Will Not Cast On....

3 comments:

Joansie said...

I know you too well. I bet you have already cast on by the time you read this...lol. Tell the truth...lol.

Grandma Elsie said...

I agree with Joansie,, bet you already have a ...sock on the needles ??? Am I right?
LOL
Elsie <><

Briley said...

I Have so many projects on the needles right now I couldn't criticize you for casting on more. Just make sure that you continue to have fun, and don't stress yourself out with having too many WIPs!

Little Boy Vest