Tuesday, October 06, 2009

Gold & Black Baby Blanket Progress

I didn't want to be too long between postings, so I wanted to show you some of the progress that I've made on the Black & "sort of Gold" baby blanket.



I guesstimate that I'm about 50 or 55% done. I also was told that the Steeler's have the copyrights to the phrase, "Black n' Gold", so I guess I'll have to call my baby blanket, "Gold & Black".

When I had started out knitting this blanket, I was a little frustrated by the mess of tangled yarn that was pulled out of the center of the skein. Thankfully my 13 YO DD painstakingly and ever so patiently untangled the yarn for me while I wound it into a ball. Now, while my DD does have the patience of a saint, she did inform me that she wasn't about to untangle the skein of black yarn if it should become a heap of a mess of yarn. She declared that untangling black yarn was just too hard on the eyes. I had to agree.

So....while I had the morning light, I sat and wound the black skein of yarn into a ball. And, I did the 2nd (7oz.) skein of yellow, too.



Now, I'm good to go. I can just sit and knit while I'm enjoying Dancing With The Stars tonight. A great combination.


1 comment:

Joansie said...

The blanket is looking really nice and you have gotten so much done.

Sweet of your daughter to untangle the yarn for you.

Camo & Pumpkin Hats