Friday, September 04, 2009

Pearls Dishcloth

In my last post, I had mentioned that when I had visited my Mom, I took her some free dishcloth patterns that I had printed out for her. One of her favorite patterns is the basket weave pattern, so I thought that she would enjoy this Pearls dishcloth by Danielle Côté . (This link must be opened with IE browser.) I even took the finished dishcloth to show her how much it resembles the basket weave pattern, but with little eyelets that Danielle Côté's refers to as Pearls.

Well, my Mom had liked the dishcloth so much that she decided that she wanted to keep it. So, I ended up making another and here it is.........





I feel just like the kid that went to school and told the teacher that the dog ate my homework, but my Mom really did keep my first Pearls dishcloth.

I used Sugar and Cream cotton yarn. I'm not sure of the color, it's some sort of baby pastels. I don't know what possessed me to buy this color except, that it was sold as a cone of yarn at 75% off, so I'm making a lot of dishcloths with it.

5 comments:

glorm said...

Oh, Deb, this is beautiful.

Grandma Elsie said...

Deb, that color will make a bright spot in your kitchen. its a lovely pattern.No wonder your Mom kept it.
i use Peaches and Cream cotton for my dish clothes on a big spool too.

Grandma Elsie said...

Deb, that color will make a bright spot in your kitchen. its a lovely pattern.No wonder your Mom kept it.
i use Peaches and Cream cotton for my dish clothes on a big spool too.

Joansie said...

Yes, I see why your mom kept your dishcloth....smart lady and the apple doesn't fall far from the tree.

As for the cone of yarn...lol, tell me how you feel about it when you have knitted about 50% of it because I did the same thing and then wound them in "cakes" of yarn and gave it away...way too much yarn of the same color. Maybe we should have an exchange between all of your commenters who do the same thing...lol.

Sandy said...

Very nice, I'll have to pop back as I'm using Mozilla FF browser. Hardly ever use Int. Expl. Wonder why it only works with that?

Sandy

Camo & Pumpkin Hats