Tuesday, July 14, 2009

BSJ-Progressing Very Slowly

I know that a lot of people are working on their second or even their third Baby Surprise Jacket aka BSJ by now, but I've made very little progress on mine since reaching the 90 sts. mark. Oh, it's not for the not wanting to work on it, it's just that life has gotten so busy at the time. There have even been days and nights where there has been no knitting at all. Shocking isn't it?

I even had grandiose ideas of finishing a white cardigan for myself, but it has been sitting in a bag all neglected. Then, there are socks that need mates and let's not forget the Rapunzel sock that had been frogged and started over. I had gotten as far as the heel flap on 1 sock, then I began the BSJ.

Foot recuperation progress: Six weeks down and 4 more weeks to go before I should be completely recovered. At least now, I have a walking boot that I can take off and on so that I can sit in the shower and bathe. My DD wanted to know the first thing that I thought I would do once I was free from all the foot apparatus? Probably take a nice leisurely shower....standing up, then I'll probably go and get my hair cut. I got my hair cut real short just prior to having surgery, so I'll probably be needing my hair cut within the next few weeks. Then, I'll probably attend to some housework that needs MY attention. I know that everyone in the household have been trying to do their best, but some things just need to be done my way. Next, it'll be nice just to be able to walk around my neighborhood without being in acute pain...even if it's just to walk to the grocery store and back. I'll eventually make it back to my favorite craft stores and discount stores....then look out.

Maybe, I'll be able to squeeze in some knitting time after my sit-down shower.

3 comments:

Grandma Elsie said...

Bless your heart... Feels like its taking forever ,does it .
Well I have joined you, in a way.
I have had shots put in my back for a pinched nerve and now its my hip giving me a fit.Arthritis swells things up and pinches the nerves and then oh no ,,, I can not stand to put weight on the leg.. So I am taking ibuprofen and staying off it ,plus using a walking stick and it is getting easy.
So I have been crocheting lace around 2 handkerchiefs for my 2 granddaughters to use in their weddings some day. Request of their mother, my daughter.
I need to be up canning food but needless to say , No can do.
How much longer do you have , Sandy ?
You have kept a good attitude and been a good girl as far as I am concerned. ( lol of course ,I haven't had to live with you )
Well at least it won't be as long as it has been
Hang in there and soon , very soon you will be looking back saying, why didn't I just enjoy being waiting on..LOL not in a womens nature , is it..
Keeping an eye on you
Elsie <><

Joansie said...

Not to worry on the BSJ progress. I just frogged back quite a few rows because of a mistake I didn't notice.

You are more than 1/2 way to full recovery......and then you'll feel the best ever.

LizzieK8 said...

It's knitting, not a marathon.... enjoy each st no matter what you're working on. That's what it's about. Finishing is just a by product of enjoying yourself.

A Couple of Little Projects