Saturday, June 13, 2009

A Solution for SSS (Second Sock Syndrome)

Hey! I have a solution for SSS (Second Sock Syndrome)! Get a cast put on your foot, then you only have need for 1 sock.

I'm coming along great in my recovery from bunion surgery. I had a check-up on the 11th & they removed the original dressing.

And....they gave me this...........

A purple cast. I had my choice of colors & I picked purple, because it's my youngest DD favorite. I'm still not allowed to bear weight or walk on it yet, so.....I sit & knit. Lucky me! Recuperation = Knitting vacation.

I finished a Tidal Wave sock for me. I've knitted these socks before, but they have been gifted. I really enjoy the pattern. There are 12 rows to the pattern. Six rows are just knit & 6 rows are pattern.



A lot of people have been asking about my progress & I've been doing great! They gave me a script for pain-killers, which I didn't bother to fill, because I don't do very well with them as they make me ill to my stomach. So, all I've had to take was an occasional OTC Acetaminophen. Friends & family & church family have been wonderfully supportive with prayers & meals & helping out as needed. My pain level as been nothing compared to what it was before surgery.

Now....back to my knitting! Should I CO for the 2nd sock? Or should I move on to another sock pattern? Hmm....decisions....decisions.

2 comments:

Joansie said...

I say cast on another pair. Join me in the SSS malady...lol. So glad you are feeling better.

Kay-From the Back Yard said...

I'm also glad you had the surgery and are now recovering. Do the second sock, as the first one looks lovely!

2 Baby Girl Sweaters Finished