Tuesday, June 23, 2009

Knitting,Healing, & Needle Comparsions



I called my library about Socks from the Toe Up by Wendy D. Johnson, this morning, my request is on order, however, there are 9 others ahead of me.

Three weeks down and 7 more to go before I will get my cast off. Hopefully, I'll be allowed to stand and bear weight on my foot. In the meanwhile, I knit and I knit some more.

It got a little too warm to knit on my cardigan sweater now that I have some length to it. So, I went back to doing some sock knitting. I belong to a Yahoo Group called, Fun Sox Knit-a-Long and I had to CO Rapunzel by Pam Gordnier via Yahoo Group: fun_sox · Fun Sox Knit-a-Long. Ravelry link here (via the Yahoo Group).





I'm fascinated my this pattern, because it has a little bit of everything in it. 2 x 2 Ribbing, eyelets, a band that almost looks like crochet and a Basket Weave pattern. I decided to knit this using the Magic Loop (ML) method, using my new 40" Inox Cir. needle. The 40" length is working wonderfully for the ML. This pattern has a lot SSK's and a lot of K2Tog.'s in it, so I wish the Inox needle tips were sharper. The Addi Turbo's tips are blunt, too. I really like the tips of the Knit Picks needles, however, they fall apart on me very quickly.



The joins are different on each needle, too. I really like the join of the Addi Turbo's the best.

Turbo Addi's, smooth join.

Knit Picks, sometimes, smooth join.


Inox, a little arrowhead type join. OK, but took time to get used to.

Stay tuned.

1 comment:

Joansie said...

Thanks for the needle comparisons. I don't own any Knit Picks or Addi turbos so it was interesting to see.

Great sock pattern.

Speedy recovery to you!

A Couple of Little Projects