Thursday, June 18, 2009

After the Storm

After the storm. We had a little dampness in our basement. It's nothing compared to what others in my area had to endure.

http://www.thepittsburghchannel.com/weather/19787224/detail.html


I'm still plugging away with my sweater & the mate to the Tidal Wave sock. In the meanwhile, I'm awaiting for the arrival of the book: Socks from the Toe Up: Essential Techniques and Patterns from Wendy Knits from my local library. I love WendyKnits patterns, but I just can't seem to get the hang of toe-up socks. From what I've read from other knitting groups, she has a lot of helpful hints & techniques for knitting socks from the toes up in the book. So, I'm going to borrow her book from the library & if I discover that I can figure out her patterns, then I may consider buying the book.

2 comments:

Joansie said...

I was just reading Wendy Knits blog and list of free patterns. There are some really nice ones.

So glad you are safe. I read about some of the damage and it sure sounds like a tornado touched down.

Bobbisox said...

You have had a real time of it lately!!!! At least the cast is pretty, lol. I can't believe the mishaps with the son's car and your dh, being in the water. Where in the world do you live with weather like that? And is this normal? I am in So Cal and we don't get rain, and only hot dry winds.

2 Baby Girl Sweaters Finished