Friday, May 29, 2009

Foot Surgery Soon

I'm going to have foot surgery soon to take care of acutely painful and annoying bunion. So, I thought I had better get some new yarn and some new knitting needles to help pass the time while I recuperate with a cast on my foot for about 8-wks.

My order arrived from Webs awhile ago, but I put off casting on until it got closer to my surgery date. I can't wait any longer and it's close enough to the first of June for me. I couldn't wait to play ...er...knit with the Regia Bamboo (color 1065). It took me awhile to find the right pattern for this yarn, which has a marbling effect, but I decided to knit the Tidal Wave Socks again. I know....there's enough sock patterns around that I could probably knit socks for the rest of my life without having to repeat a pattern, but considering that I had gifted the other Tidal Wave socks and I really liked them and the pattern, I figured it was OK to knit another pair and keep them for myself this time.

So far...I'm liking it.


Side note: I'm using Addi Turbos instead of the Inox Cirs, because I'm using size 1 and Inox Cirs aren't available in 1's.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Ouch, you have my sympathy! At least you picked a time where you may have nice weather. Did you get the notice that Yahoo 360 is shutting down in July? Any idea where you are going? I have a duplicate on Multiply.com, but don't really like the format. I've started one on blogspot.com, An Old German's Knit Blog, but haven't entered anything yet. I did download my Yahoo blog however, I haven't figured out yet how to transfer it to the new blog. I'd like to continue to follow your blog. If you are agreeable, let me know when and to where you decide to move your blog. Good healing. I suppose one of these days I'll have to get my hammer toe fixed. Renate

Kiwi Baby Sweater and Hat