Tuesday, May 19, 2009

Finished Opal Socks and New Knitting Needles-redone

I'm not too sure what had happened to my previous post, but I'm re-doing it, so hopefully the photos will show up this time. Thanks Joansie for letting me know. The pics were there last night.

I finished my Winterscape Socks by Kay Redding in Opal Yarn. This pattern was fun & easy to memorize. Kay Redding has a lot of neat sock patterns on her blog: From The Backyard, stop by & say "Hi!"

I've kind of lost count of how many socks I've made, but now I'm into counting all my rows of my socks, so that they match in size better. I love they way that these feel and fit. They are a little warm for right now.



Last week, I celebrated Mother's Day & my 50th birthday. For Mother's Day, my family gave me a new cordless keyboard & cordless mouse or is that a tail-less mouse??? Nice! They also gave me one of those water filters that fits on the kitchen facet. I like ice water and I'm trying to drink more of it. For my 50th B-day, I ordered some new Inox circular knitting needles & some new sock yarn from Webs of Massachusetts, (Not Maine as I had erroneously posted previously).


I've never used Inox knitting needles before, so I'm anxious to try them. In my opinion, they're sort of in between the Knit Picks & the Addi Turbos.

I also ordered Regia Bamboo Yarn & some Comfort Sock Yarn. I haven't used the Regia Bamboo before, so I'm looking forward to trying it. Now, I'm off to look at some patterns.

2 comments:

Joansie said...

Yes, I can see the pics now....love that Opal!

Kay-From the Back Yard said...

Thanks for the shout out to my blog! You are a dear!

I'm so pleased that you liked my pattern.

Camo & Pumpkin Hats