Monday, April 27, 2009

Attempting To Do Toe-Up Socks Again-part 3- The Heel

OK....so I ended up ripping out the heel & starting over, because the foot was too long & the heel was too high up.



So, I re-did the heel & I decided to try a different type of heel, one without "wrapped sts that needed to be picked up. To knit the heel: I used Priscilla Wild's method used in


LifestyleToeUpSocks–NoSwatchNeeded
by Charisa Martin Cairn.


In my opinion, this is such a neat way to work a heel of a Toe-Up sock.


I don't have it down perfect yet, but this is a practice sock.




This the pattern on the back of the sock. Boy......is it ever hard to take a photograph of the back of your own leg. LOL! But, I think that you get the idea.


Like I said before, I'm not crazy about this sock....it feels yucky. So, I will make this a short sock just so I get the practice of the ribbing & the Cast off with EZ's sewn cast off. (please scroll down for EZ sewn cast off).

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I'm going to have to look at this pattern more closely. I have not had much luck with toe up socks either. The foot is always too long and the heel doesn't fit right. I hd sworn off on toe-up socks, but might give it another try. Renate

Camo & Pumpkin Hats