Monday, April 27, 2009

Attempting To Do Toe-Up Socks Again-part 3- The Heel

OK....so I ended up ripping out the heel & starting over, because the foot was too long & the heel was too high up.


So, I re-did the heel & I decided to try a different type of heel, one without "wrapped sts that needed to be picked up. To knit the heel: I used Priscilla Wild's method used in

LifestyleToeUpSocks–NoSwatchNeeded
by Charisa Martin Cairn.

In my opinion, this is such a neat way to work a heel of a Toe-Up sock.

I don't have it down perfect yet, but this is a practice sock.



This the pattern on the back of the sock. Boy......is it ever hard to take a photograph of the back of your own leg. LOL! But, I think that you get the idea.

Like I said before, I'm not crazy about this sock....it feels yucky. So, I will make this a short sock just so I get the practice of the ribbing & the Cast off with EZ's sewn cast off. (please scroll down for EZ sewn cast off).

2 comments:

Busy Grandma Elsie said...

Deb,
I do socks by this book.
"http://www.queenkahuna-creations.com/
I used to do them cuff down and never could understand other ways ( they were either too long in foot,etc )till I got Crazy toes and Heels book.It is visual and written instructions.it doesn't give different patterns but give you a page to measure your foot and fill in blanks and then you swatch with type yarn & size needle and bingo you have it. It also is short row heels with No wraps.
You can use any pattern that matches your # stitches from any design. I am only a satisfied customer.lol No kick back.
Elsie <><

Joansie said...

Practice makes perfect. You will love the EZ cast off method. It's time-consuming but the end results are worth it!