Wednesday, April 22, 2009

Attempting To Do Toe-Up Socks Again-part 2

I've made some more progress on the Toe-Up sock. I got the gusset & the heel done, but I'm not too sure that I'm all that satisfied with it. My young daughter, who is a beginner knitter and who has not even attempted to knit socks yet thinks that the foot is too long. I'm not sure, but she does have a good eye for these sort of things.

So, I'm not sure if I should just continue and start working the leg or.....maybe I should frog back a few rounds and re-check the fit? This is a practice sock and I'm not all the certain that I'm going to proceed with making the second sock. I really dislike this yarn. I ordered it on-line through a craft catalog. It was cheap for a sock yarn. It's been kicking around in my stash for about 3 yrs., and I just keep using it for practice.



So, I'll play around with a little bit more, then I'll decide about Toe-Up socks. If I do like Toe-Up sock knitting, then I'll try it with a yarn that I do like!

I do need to get back to some other socks that need finishing.....after I get some house work done.

2 comments:

Joansie said...

Hmm...not sure what to say about the length because you are not knitting the standart heel (I think). Your persistance will pay off as it already it looks good!

elizabeth said...

I've never done toe up before and I keep seeing people mention Wendy's new toe up book. I love the idea of toe up because you can try them on as you go along, but I really enjoy cuff down now, so not sure what to do! :)

A Couple of Little Projects