Friday, March 20, 2009

Toe-Up Socks Aren't For Me

I had unsuccessfully experimented with Toe-Ups Socks, and I've figured out that I don't like like them at all. I don't like knitting them or they way they look. So, I've decided to do what works best for me and that's socks from the cuff down.

I had made a lot of progress with just a plain generic sock with a slight twist, and I decided to try a "Dutch heel". Then, I decided that I didn't like the fit. I liked the look of the Dutch heel, however, I didn't like the fit. Since I already have so much time vested in this yarn and socks, I've decided to frog the heel and stick with the more traditional round heel. I was out of the frog pond for a little while, but then I had to jump back in. I ain't easy being green.



3 comments:

Joansie said...

I haven't tried toe up yet. Bet you'll be glad when this pair is done!

Lolly said...

I have had similar experiences - and I agree, I like cuff down better too! The idea of toe-up does appeal to me, but I much prefer to knit them the other way!

LizzieK8 said...

I prefer cuff down, too. The only toe up socks I've really successfully made are the Houdini Socks by Cat Bordhi.

That's really pretty yarn, though!

A Couple of Little Projects