Friday, March 20, 2009

Toe-Up Socks Aren't For Me

I had made a lot of progress with just a plain generic sock with a slight twist, and I decided to try a "Dutch heel". Then, I decided that I didn't like the fit. I liked the look of the Dutch heel, however, I didn't like the fit. Since I already have so much time vested in this yarn and socks, I've decided to frog the heel and stick with the more traditional round heel. I was out of the frog pond for a little while, but then I had to jump back in. I ain't easy being green.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I found a Dutch heel isn't for me either; I have never seen instructions for doing them toe up. I found the heel my feet prefer, is the sock from the defunct OZ yarn site EZ heel socks. I still like your yarn :) and I like that you are tenacious; I had thought that toe ups were NOT for me til I got that pattern off the net. Made all the difference to me; and there I am with about 12 sock books!