Wednesday, March 04, 2009

Same Yarn Different Pattern

I had started a sock with the new Opal yarn (Mississippi #2084), but I didn't think that the pattern suited the yarn very well, or maybe the yarn didn't suit the pattern? So, I ripped everything out and started over. I had to decide whether or not to go with a very basic sock pattern such as straight knitting aka stockinette or some sort of ribbing. Well, I can get bored rather quickly with just plain knitting and I had already done some socks in some variation of ribbing.

I found a pattern that I like a lot and it seems to working out nicely for showing off the self-designs of the yarn. Unicorn Pattern: Spiral Eyelet Socks

I just completed the heel flap this morning and I'm getting ready to turn the heel. Now.....I'll have to decide whether or not to continue with the pattern on the instep of the foot as per the pattern or just go with a plain foot for the rest of the sock so that you can really enjoy the built in design of the yarn. Decisions, decisions.

2 comments:

glorm1 said...

I vote for plain foot to set off the rest of the sock. Oh, it wasn't up for voting? Too late: I cast my ballot. LOL. Your knitting looks very good.

Anonymous said...

Nice yarn from Opal--my favorite, but it has become so darn expensive lately. On top of it, the yarn wears like iron. Hope this pattern satisfies you better. Sometimes, sock yarn just means to be knitted in stockinette. Renate

Little Boy Vest