Thursday, March 05, 2009

Frog Pond and Other Stuff


Kerplunck! Brr....excuse me while I take a visit to the frog pond. I've been working on the the Spiral Eyelet Socks and I was pretty pleased with the way that they were turning out with the variegated Opal yarn. I'm knitting these on 2-Cirs, so it was pretty easy to trade or switch sts. around in order to get the spiral effect. Now....I working on the foot and I really can't move stitches around without compromising the stockinette pattern of the bottom of the foot. I tried using a stitch marker to indicate where to beg. with a new round and keep the spiral moving down the foot, but it's not working out right. I hate when that happens, don't you? I don't know, it's looking more like a mess. Someone suggested (voted) that I work the entire foot in stockinette. I just might end up doing this. Or...I just might frog this whole pattern and more onto something else altogether.

Other stuff: I thought that this stuff was too neat not to share.

Here's a way to keep track of your knitting projects:
Vintage Yarns - Knitting with a New Twist

St. Patrick's Day is just around the corner, so KrisKnits blog has some neat and different patterns:
http://krisknits.blogspot.com/2009/03/st-patricks-day-cloths.html

Have a look around her blog, it's pretty neat.

I really like to knit and I like anything that will save me time with household upkeep, so that I have more time to knit. I saw this woman on Good Morning America last week and I was intrigued. She prepared meals for 1 yr. in a crockpot. I like to use my crockpot a lot, too, but sometimes things all start tasting the same, so I'm always looking around for new ideas and recipes. She has a blog with all her recipes & ideas. A Year of CrockPotting. I haven't tried anything yet, so I can't comment on them, but as soon as I dry off from the frog pond, I'm off to the store to get some groceries & some ingredients for some of these recipes.

Hope you enjoyed all this & Happy Knitting & cooking!






1 comment:

Joansie said...

So what did you decided on your socks? I haven't knitted anything to join you in the frog pond, like no knitting at all.

I'm going to check out those crockpot recipes and see if I can save some time at my end. Heaven knows I need it lately

Camo & Pumpkin Hats