Wednesday, February 18, 2009

Tidal Wave Socks Are Complete!

I just finished the Tidal Wave Socks by Deby Lake.

I really enjoyed this pattern! I used 2 skeins of Panda's Cotton Yarn in Crystal Pink. I really enjoyed this yarn, too. The yarn did like to separate a little, but it's so soft & silky that I continued to work with it. I used 2 Knit Picks cirs, US size 2 for the first sock and for 1/2 of the second sock, then one of my cirs broke. (Please see previous post.) So, I had to finish the second sock with 1 KP cir and 1 Addi's Turbo needle.

I think that this is my best pair of socks so far, if I do say so myself. I had originally planned on knitting these socks for myself, but a loved one had admired them from afar, so I think that these are going to be gifted to her.

Something that I did differently with this time, since I decided that I was making them for someone else, I counted all the rows so that they would match perfectly and they did! I almost don't want to have to give them up. LOL!

Now.....what to do next? I have some variegated Opal yarn just waiting to become a pair of socks. I have The Little Box of Socks and there are several choices. Stayed tuned........







2 comments:

Joansie said...

Great job! The recipient will really appreciate this gift. I've got to go back to knitting socks. They are more fun than many other projects.

Sandy said...

As always, wonderful work. My feet are sooooooooooo jealous. And, might I add they're cold.

Sandy
Membership and registration not required, but would love you to visit, read a few posts and make some comments. I'm trying something new. Thanks.
http://stitchinglifetogether.today.com/