Later, as a young married woman, I did knit a little & I did set aside some projects to be completed at another time. Like the Aran cardigan sweater that I had started for my hubby in the early '80's. It still in a storage bin the basement, it's off-white, the label says, Wintuk. I don't think that it'll ever be finished, because I have no idea where I am with the pattern and I'm almost certain that my DH won't be able to wear a man's small anymore. (No need to mention that to him either.) It would be nice to recover the knitting needles for this project though, but I don't have the heart to go near it.
Then, I came across a baby doll dress that I had started to knit, but never finished. The style of the dress is dated now, sort of late '60's, early '70's.
I read of others responses to Time To Own Up. I read about people knitting projects, crochet projects & people's embroidery or cross-stitch projects. Have you ever worked on something so long ago, that you completely forgotten that something was ever a part of your life in the first place???
How about this..........
OK....I digress. My UFO's consist of:
Anybody remember the "Weave-It" Loom? I think that I got as a kid from Wool-Worth's 5&10, price: $1.50 I made hundreds of those woven yarn squares. I never did too much with them, because my Mom had told me that they would need to be sewn or crocheted together to assembled into a blanket. I still have the Weave-It pattern book somewhere. As a teen, I did weave about 60 or 75 of these squares and my Mom did crochet them together for me into a jumper. It probably got donated to Goodwill several years later.
1. A white cardigan for myself. I got lost on the front panels.
2. A hooded baby blanket.....all garter stitch...yawn!
3. A toe-up sock waiting for a mate. I'm not too sure if I like the look of the toe, so I haven't worked on the mate.
4. Brooklyntweed's Turn A Square Hat, not finished, because DS declared, "I'm not wearing that." It is a fun knit and I will get back to this one.
5. A blue baby blanket....just haven't worked on it for a while.
I think that's it for my list. How about you?
Thanks Joansie....this was fun!