Sunday, December 14, 2008

Baby Shower Gift

I was recently invited to a baby shower. It was rather short-notice, because it looked like the baby might make an early arrival into the world.

So what to do? Go baby shower gift shopping while Christmas shopping??? The weather had been pretty bad, well, at least for me, because I have a horrendous time walking around in snow & ice. The weather was more conducive to staying inside a nice warm home with a hand-knit afghan on my lap and a hot cup of coffee or tea while I knit & listen to Christmas music.Hmm.....what to knit?

These booties & cap fit the criteria. Both of them were knitted with yarn that I had from my stash. It's Red Heart® Soft Yarn, a really nice soft acrylic yarn. I originally bought it for a cardigan sweater that I had started for myself, but I haven't gotten around to finishing.

Align Center
Both the cap and the booties were knitted on US size 7 DPN's and the bootie is a very good practice sock for someone learning to knit socks and getting accustomed to working with DPN's. Each bootie took about 3 hrs. to knit and the cap took about 3 or 4 hrs. of knitting. I'm so grateful that my mom taught me to knit. I was so good to just be able to take a break from all the Christmas hussle & bussle & just sit & knit all for a good cause, too!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Doing it yourself always beats buying it. Hat and socks should keep the little one warm and on top of that Mom can throw it in the washer and dryer. Nice job. I, too, am thankful that my mother taught me to knit all those many years ago, and for me at least the greatest gift I passed on to my two daughters is the skill of knitting. Stay warm. Renate

2 Baby Girl Sweaters Finished