Sunday, December 14, 2008

Baby Shower Gift

I was recently invited to a baby shower. It was rather short-notice, because it looked like the baby might make an early arrival into the world.

So what to do? Go baby shower gift shopping while Christmas shopping??? The weather had been pretty bad, well, at least for me, because I have a horrendous time walking around in snow & ice. The weather was more conducive to staying inside a nice warm home with a hand-knit afghan on my lap and a hot cup of coffee or tea while I knit & listen to Christmas music. Hmm.....what to knit?

These booties & cap fit the criteria. Both of them were knitted with yarn that I had from my stash. It's Red Heart® Soft Yarn, a really nice soft acrylic yarn. I originally bought it for a cardigan sweater that I had started for myself, but I haven't gotten around to finishing.

Align Center
Both the cap and the booties were knitted on US size 7 DPN's and the bootie is a very good practice sock for someone learning to knit socks and getting accustomed to working with DPN's. Each bootie took about 3 hrs. to knit and the cap took about 3 or 4 hrs. of knitting. I'm so grateful that my mom taught me to knit. I was so good to just be able to take a break from all the Christmas hussle & bussle & just sit & knit all for a good cause, too!

4 comments:

Joansie said...

Great job, Deb. You got that done in short order. I think I'll copy you and knit that hat to match baby sweater that I am knitting!

Sandy said...

Soooooo cute, and now you have your gift. Good choice to stay in warm and safe and get a gift made.

Pop in for a visit, I left the light on for ya.

Sandy

Renna said...

Hi Deb, I followed you here from your comment on my blog today. Thank you for your nice comments. :-)

I love the little hat and booties set. I'm sure some mother will be quite blessed by the gift. That sock pattern is the one I used for my very first socks. It really is a great beginner's sock.

I really like your blog, and have looked over some of your past posts. The thing your husband said about you giving your heart to a new King (the Graceland music box) really touched my heart.

Oh, and I've added you to my Google Reader, too!

elizabeth said...

Thank you for posting the link to the cap and booties. My kids are at the age that they and those around them (cousins and friends) are having babies and it's nice to have some little things to give too.

A Couple of Little Projects