Friday, November 14, 2008

Christmas Shopping and......Yarn!

We've had some lovely weather in my area of the States, I mean that it's really great for November!

We finally got some of the household headaches under control and I finally got most of my doctor appts. out of the way, so forward ho with some Christmas shipping. I don't need cold or snow to get me started on the shopping thing. The more that I can get done before the weather gets bad....the better.

So...hubby & I headed out to one of our favorite shopping areas. It has a Target, several clothing stores, and Office Depot and a Michael s' Arts & Crafts! Well, we browsed around Lowe's Home Improvement to check out some new kitchen cabinets, then Michael''s was the next stop! Well, what did my eyes see!!! Sock Yarn!!! I never saw sock yarn there before and it's not because I haven't been recommending and suggesting that they get with the program and get some. Geez....it took them long enough! Now, granted they only had one brand, but they had sock yarn! I picked up 2 -50gr. skeins of Patons Kroy Sock Yarn (75% wool 25% nylon) the price was right. I've never worked with this yarn before, so we'll see how it goes. The color is called Flax, sort of oatmeal gray, but nicer.





DH keeps teasing me that he's still waiting for his socks. Hmm....after I finish my current project, another sock, of course, he may have a pr. of socks in his future!

No comments:

A Couple of Little Projects