Thursday, October 02, 2008

Knitted Pumpkin Bath Tissue Cover & Praying Mantis

OK.....I'm sure that my kids think that I've lost it now! My kids say that I'll knit anything!

I saw this pattern for a baby's knitted pumpkin hat and I became inspired! My youngest DD and I recently decorated our house for Autumn and a while ago my sister gave me a beautiful white shower curtain with very pretty autumn leaves applicants on it. So....I decided on knitting the baby pumpkin hat as a bathroom tissue cover.



I adapted the pattern a little to suit me. Instead of working the pattern as stated, or doing a regular 2x2 rib. I did a 2x2 ribbing, but I knitted through the back loops, because I liked the look.

I knitted this on US size 10- two circulars rather than DPN.s & I did an I-Cord for the stem.

I'm starting to get inspired for a Christmas bathroom tissue cover now! LOL!

As if this isn't'bad enough.........youngest DD wants me to make her a pumpkin hat to wear for the Fall!

A praying mantis paid us a visit and stayed on my DS bike wheel for about 4 days.

4 comments:

Joansie said...

You definitely have the season spirit. Great job!

Jill L said...

that's so cute!

Karin said...

What a neat idea. I love it!

Karin

AmyS said...

Love the tissue cover!

2 Baby Girl Sweaters Finished