Saturday, September 27, 2008

Tween's Ankle Socks

Like most tweens & teens, my DD likes ankle socks. I just finished these for her.


Details: Sockotta Yarn-her favorite colors.

Knitted from the cuff down on 2-Cirs, US size 2 Knit Picks needles.

Pattern: Generated by using Sock Wizard 2, based on my gauge.

Stitch Design: Uneven Rib from the back pgs. of Charlene Schurch's book More Sensational Knitted Socks. The Uneven Rib consisted of 2 rows for the pattern, so it was easy to memorize. These socks were a great traveling project or TV watching project.

The toe: something different for me. I have a difficult time with the Kitchener stitch for grafting the toe, so I tried this method: Grafting On The Needles. It worked, but I'm not sure if it was any easier than grafting the toes in the traditional way.

Final result: DD loves them!

2 comments:

LizzieK8 said...

Why not try a round or star toe, Deb? I really like they way they look, especially with self striping yarns.

Joansie said...

Love the colorway, Deb. I love the Kitchener stitch. It's just a question of looking at it two stiches on each needle at a time.

2 Baby Girl Sweaters Finished