Tuesday, August 05, 2008

P.S. About My Hand Progress

After returning from vacation, I had to go for a check-up for my hand. Well, I ended up seeing a different doctor.....someone completely new to the burn trauma group that I had been seeing. Anyway, she comes in & introduces herself, etc., then she starts looking through my chart & she keeps getting a very puzzled look on her face. She scans through my chart again & she still has this perplexed expression. Finally, she says, "Do you mind if I ask you a question?"

What am I supposed to say? No? That sort of defeats the purpose of going there in the first place, so of course, I say, "Sure."

May I ask, "Why didn't you have rehab? Why didn't you ever go to rehab? Why wasn't it ever recommended?"

Well, she asked me 3 questions, but who's counting? I just smiled & pulled my knitting out of my purse. Enough said.

2 comments:

Joansie said...

Oh, I love it!!!!Doctors often don't recommend rehab because they are too busy, etc. (I've had that happen) However, you outsmarted them.

So, food for thought!!!...why is it that with all the knitting (i.e. exercise) that I do, why is it I don't have very thin fingers. lol

Denise said...

I'm so glad you ARE a knitter (and mother!) that calls for using your hands and wrist which surely has helped you regain/maintain use of your fingers, grip, and wrist. (I'm a p.t. and am glad you are making good progress!)

Denise

A Couple of Little Projects