Monday, August 11, 2008

The Best of Both Worlds.....Knitting and Reading!

Now it seems that I have the best of both worlds....Knitting & Reading!




There was a time that all I did was knit, then the babies came along and my knitting was put on hold for about 8 yrs. Instead of knitting, I would read, mostly on the bus during my 30 min. commute back and forth to work. After my last baby was born, I became a stay-at-home mom and I rediscovered my hunger and passion for knitting.

Reading took a back seat to my knitting, except, for knitting magazines and cooking recipes. Does TV Guide count as reading material???

So taking a cue from Lizzie, I started listening to audio books on my new MP3 Player while I knit! I went to my local library's web-site, which is listed on your library card, and I downloaded an audio-book to my player. I'm listening/reading a mystery; Kiss of Death by Laura Palmer. This is my first time doing this and I think that it's just so neat! Thank you, Lizzie, for your patience in walking me this the steps!

While listening to this book, I knitted this ankle sock for my youngest DD. Talk about multi-tasking!

My DD prefers ankle socks, so this was really a quick and easy knit! I used Sockotta yarn that had been kicking around for a long time. I had started to make a toe up sock for my self, but I just didn't like it, so I frogged the whole thing and got busy with other yarns.

This sock was knitted from the cuff down on 2-Cirs, US size 2 Knit Pick needles. I used my Sock Wizard 2 software & generated a basic pattern using a CO of 64 sts. The last pair of socks that I had made for DD, she out-grew too fast and they were just a straight stockinette pattern, except for a ribbed cuff. So, this time, I decided to go with the Uneven Ribbing found in Charlene's Schurch's book, More Sensational Knitted Socks. DD says that the sock is really comfortable and I'm hoping that the ribbing allows for some growing room. These are her favorite colors, too. purple & pink. I would have taken a picture of her wearing it, but the sleepy-head is still in bed! I'll wait until the other sock is done, then I'll take a photo of her wearing them.

I gotta go and do some more laundry. Folding & putting away clothes while reading a book.....now that's nice!

No comments:

2 Baby Girl Sweaters Finished