Monday, July 07, 2008

Starting Over on the 2nd Sock

You'd think that I'd have some photos of finished socks to show you by now, but I don't. I finished 1 Spiral Rib sock & I CO for the second sock & I got to the heel & I decided to tweak the heel part a little. Well, you know the old saying about not changing horses in mid-stream. I ended up frogging the 2nd sock a couple of different times down to the beginning of the heel. I ended up not liking my "experimentation", so I ripped out the whole thing & I've started over w/2nd sock. I'm cool w/it, because I just feel good about starting over & getting right this time.

Last week, I had to take my DS to the doctor's because he had broken his nose while playing in a rugby tournament. Believe it or not, I didn't take any knitting w/me, because I didn't think that we would be in the waiting room that long. Boy.....was I wrong & I was wishing I had my knitting! We have to go to the doctor's again for a follow up appt. & my knitting will be going w/me. With my luck.....we'll be in & out of the doctor's within a few minutes.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Isn't that just the way it goes...if you don't have your knitting there's plenty of time to wish you did, and if you do have it, then there's not enough time to work on it.

Can't wait to see pics of the new socks. As much as I hate starting over, I have to admit that it is worth it to be happy with the project. There's nothing worse than all of your time and effort going to the back of the closet because you can't stand to be reminded how unhappy you were with a project or mistake. Good luck!

Anonymous said...

Well, that is one way to learn; now keep a sock project living in your car :)

2 Baby Girl Sweaters Finished