Thursday, June 19, 2008

Some of the Best Laid Plans.......

Some of the best laid plans........get frogged!

I was cruising along rather nicely on the pink cabled sock, almost done with the leg portion and getting ready to work on the heel when I spotted a dropped stitch that was too far down to be salvageable
. I didn't even bother to take a photo, because we've all been there a time or two when we eye the dreaded hole in our beloved knitting. Well, I guess it could have been worse. I could have been almost completed with the sock, before I found the loopy stitch. I guess that I got over confident with my ability of using DPN's. That will teach me. Ha!

Now the quandary......do I start all over again? Or....do I start fresh with a different pattern? I think that I'll work on some of my other UFO's.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Me, it is six of one, half dozen of the other. If you are still loving that sock and pattern, start over right now before you lose that passion. If you are "so over it" then start a new pattern with that that yarn. It can go either way. I find if I leave it for later, it never happens.

Anonymous said...

Ok here is a fix if you want to try it should it happen again. Take a darning needle and some contrasting yarn and temporarily secure the stitch by threading needle through. Then when you have time and good light, take a crochet hook and "knit" the stitch up as far as you can, most likely to where the cable crossed and then secure stitch with same yarn as sock bypuling it through to the wrong side and weave in ends. It beats frogging every time. Good luck. Renate

Kiwi Baby Sweater and Hat