Saturday, February 16, 2008

An Update on Burns & NEW Sock Books!

An Update on Burns & NEW Sock Books!

I am healing very well from my burn injuries. I've been fitted w/a couple of different therapeutic gloves, which the doctors say that I will probably have to wear for a year.



But, I can still knit!

I think that I've officially become a sock knitting fiend! I recently purchased 2 new Sock books. More Sensational Socks by Charlene Schurch & Getting Started Knitting Socks by Ann Budd.

Now, one might ask why I bought a beginner sock book (Ann Budd), well, this book has several patterns in it for all sorts of different weights of yarn & she has several stitch patterns in the back of the book for all sorts pattern numbers. For example, there are several patterns & photos for socks that are multiples of 4, 5, 6, 7 & 8 stitches. Ann Budd also has photos of different cast on methods & different joining methods as well as different ways of finishing socks.



The other book, More Sensational Socks, is full of patterns & charts for adapting socks for all sorts of sizes & different ways of knitting sock, i.e.; cuff down, toe-up, etc. This book is still a little over my head, but it time, I'm sure that I will grow to appreciate all that it has to offer. I was really looking for Schurch's other book, Sensational Socks, but I couldn't find it, so I got the latter one.



Now, why knit socks? Well, why not?

1. It's fun!

2. It's creative!

3. The designs are endless!

4. It's portable knitting!

5. They are custom-fit for me! No more tight socks! Totally comfortable!

6. Best of all.....my dd's cannot walk off with my socks & think that I will not notice. Unlike, the plain ol' socks that come 6 in a pack.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

ALL of your reasons are why I, too knit socks; even though I have to cast on close to 100 stitches for my *&!@$^# ankles LOL.

Anonymous said...

A girl can never have too many sock books! You are truly addicted...a good addiction to have!

A Couple of Little Projects