Monday, February 25, 2008

My First Sock Came Un-Done!

Yesterday morning I grabbed a pair of knitted socks out of the drawer as I was getting dressed for church. Opal blue denim striped...my very first socks! Well, my toes went straight through.....oh no!

About a year ago, I made my very first socks for myself. The first sock I finished the toe w/the kitchener stitch...another first. I thought that I knew what I was doing. My mom always says, "Well, you know what thought did, don't you?" LOL!

I moved on to the second sock and I closed the toe by gathering the stitches & drawing them through the center & pulling tight. I didn't want to do the kitchener stitch. That sock is still intact. I don't know what to do. Is the un-done sock done for good, or can be repaired somehow? Or, is its mate destined to be orphaned? Any ideas?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

It is definitely salvageable. If you have yarn left over, frog back a couple of rows, then do the kitchener stitch (much more comfortable) and weave the end in on the wrong side all the way across and back a few stitches. Deb, it's another new learning experience! :>)

Anonymous said...

Joansie is right, it is salvagable and now my toes are reinforced with many backstitchings to ensure they can't come undone.

Camo & Pumpkin Hats