Tuesday, February 26, 2008

Cabled Knit Hat

I didn't have the heart or the right mind-set to try & repair the toe of my knit sock. (Please see previous blog.) I felt like I needed to take a little break from socks anyway, so I worked on the Cabled Knit Hat: http://www.headhuggers.org/patterns/kpatt11.htm

This was a lot of fun & it knitted up pretty quickly, esp.; because I did this entirely via the Magic Loop Method. This was such an easy way to knit this hat, esp. when it came to time work all the decreases for the crown, because I didn't have to switch to DPN's! Yay!

I used my Knit Pick Options, US size 7 & Lion Brand Wool-Ease in Black. I think I got it on sale for under $3.

The image “http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2151/2293410881_5d5840da81_m.jpg” cannot be displayed, because it contains errors. The image “http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2021/2293409659_20b08f6d7d_m.jpg” cannot be displayed, because it contains errors.

I didn't make this hat for anyone in particular in mind, but it doesn't fit me at all. It's supposed to be a women's meduim. I guess this confirms it.....I have a big head! My DD liked the hat & I thought that she was going to wear it to school this morning, but then she changed her mind. She said that it made her feel like a Cone-Head! (SNL Cone Heads were before her time!) Kids..........

Back to socks..........

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hat looks great! Funny, my daughter made the same "cone head" comment about the hat she recently knitted.

Anonymous said...

LOL, that is why I stay away from knitting hats; no matter what I did, they didn't look right on my husband. Are you on any of the magic loops lists? Good luck with the sock repair, it is NOT hard. I have a purchased, wooden sock egg but you can use other things instead. Heck, the top of that Febreze spray can looks promising. Too bad none of us saved our L'eggs containers. But with Easter coming up, you might find some large plastic eggs to keep for putting the toe or heels in a sock or for darning.

A Couple of Little Projects