Friday, January 25, 2008

Valentine Dress for Barbie

I've been trying to get back into my knitting since my burn accident. When I didn't feel like knitting, I browsed through free patterns on the internet. A relative had recently told me about a little one in their life that was into Barbie dolls, so this inspired me to look at some Barbie clothes patterns. Being the hopeless romantic type, I decided to knit this Valentine's Dress for Barbie.

Sorry for the quality of the photos, the camera batteries were MIA! LOL!

I found the pattern at

http://www.knittingpatterncentral.com/directory/barbie_fashion.php
Barbie Basics by Lynne Sears

There's ton's of free patterns at this site!

I used US size 3 needles and the yarn was something from my stash. I don't remember what yarn it is, but it's a soft acrylic.

I recently ordered some sock yarn on-line, so I think I'm back to knitting!

3 comments:

glorm1 said...

Oooooo, Barbie clothes--with an appropriate theme for this time of year. Your hands are definitely on the mend if you can use #3 needles.

Anonymous said...

That little dress is so adorable. What a lucky little girl.

Anonymous said...

That is absolutey adorable. Hope she'll like it. Glad to hear you are on the mend. Renate

A Couple of Little Projects