Thursday, January 24, 2008

An Update: My Hands Are On the Mend

A lot of you have been so sweet & have been inquiring about my healing progress with the burns to my hands. And a lot of you are wondering if I have been able to get back to my knitting.

Well, the answer is yes & no. I have been knitting off & on sort of as therapy. I’ve done a whole bunch of knitting & a whole bunch of nothing. I’ve worked on dishcloths and ripped them out. I’ve worked on a hat & a scarf and…ripped them out. I even started to work on a sock & ripped that out, too! I have no idea what was wrong with me, but nothing was bringing me satisfaction or the peace & tranquility that I usually get whenever I knit.

I could really relate to my friend, Joansie’s blog a while back, when she said that she wanted to knit, but she didn’t want to start anything new because she already had so many WIP’s. Boy, could I relate. I still haven’t worked on my white cardigan from a while ago, and with my burns being fresh, I didn’t want to get anything on the white yarn.

Now, I am glad to post that I think that I am just about over my period of knitting-discontentment. I’ll be posting about my latest knitting project soon.

For of those who want to see how my grafts are healing, see photo. Hopefully it’s not too disturbing for some to view.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

OMG, Deb, you must have been in so much pain when it initially happened and for quite some time afterwards. It must be the time of year as I have been very discontented with my knitting as well. Hope you are 100% better soon.

Anonymous said...

Wow... you have come a long way. Be gentle on yourself and remember that when you are healed there will be time to knit and start mega oodles of new projects. I will continue to keep you in my prayers! GENTLE HUGS!

Anonymous said...

Your hands look fine; when my husband got 2nd and 3rd degree burns while we were tent camping some years back, when we got back, our neighbors 2 doors up gave us some comfry root they had in the freezer and some aloe vera (I now grow both) and when my husband reported back for duty a week later :: this is the truth:: he had to TELL the docs, which hand had the worst burns; they had healed with barely any scarring and no puckering. A month later you could not tell he had been burned at all. That was many years ago and we have passed this knowlege and plants on ever since. I hope you have as good results.

Kiwi Baby Sweater and Hat