Thursday, January 10, 2008

Surgery & Knitting

Tomorrow, I will go as an out-patient for skin graft surgery to my right hand to treat my 3rd degree burn injuries.



My doctor recommended having a skin graft rather than waiting for the wounds to slowly heal. He said that the skin graft would have a better appearance & outcome. Of course, I said, "Yes, go for it!" I NEED to get back to my knitting! My new Harmony needles are beckoning me. My white cardigan is feeling neglected...I just know that it is. I have 1 sock feeling orphaned.


I've done some knitting, but not as much as I would liked, however, I did search & find so many patterns that I have added to my ever-growing collection. I have more patterns than I will ever be able to do in my life time. (Thanks to the wonderful of the Internet and the endless free patterns!)


So...I'll be away from my knitting & the computer for a little bit, but not for long. I'll be back soon!!!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ahhhhhh Sweetie... I will keep you in my prayers tomorrow. I hope this will help you heal faster and back to that theraputic knittin! I know what you are sayin about all those patterns. I can't believe when I BUY JUST ONE MORE.... whatever am I thinkin??? Normal people don't have this many knittin patterns.... GIGGLE.... but the question now is... ARE THERE NORMAL KNITTERS? GIGGLE.
HUGS TO EWE!!! Prayers will be offered for a speedy recovery and comfort! Take Care!

Anonymous said...

Deb, I know everything will go great for you regarding the skin grafting. I will say a prayer for you to have a speedy recovery and get back to all those knitting needles and yarn. Keep us posted.

Anonymous said...

good luck and prayers for a speedy recovery

Anonymous said...

Deb, I will certainly keep you in my prayers tomorrow and hope for quick healing. Can't desert your knitting for too long; the UFOs really get lonely rather quickly. Renate

Anonymous said...

Please let us know how you are doing? I have been concerned.

Kiwi Baby Sweater and Hat