Thursday, January 31, 2008

New Sock Yarn Arrived!

The winter weather & the recuperating at home w/my burn injuries to my hands has prevented me from going out & about to the stores. I have been going through a bit of withdrawal not being able to get to my LYS or to a craft store. Funny....I haven't really suffered the same withdrawal symptoms from not going to the grocery store. LOL!

So being the resourceful sort of person that I am, I did some shopping on-line for some sock yarn. I checked several sites and I thought that I found a real bargain when I found some yarn at $7.95 a skein! Well, after waiting rather impatiently, for my order it arrived in about 5 days. I was so happy & so excited to see that package. The yarn colors are so neat & soft, but wait....something was a little off. Hmm.....the skeins are only 50 grams. I think I should have ordered 2 skeins of each color? No wonder I thought that the price was so great. It must be my brain cells turning to mush from being cooped up in the house so much.

Oh, well, I have already cast on w/some of the new sock yarn. I figure by the time I finish 1 sock, my other order of sock yarn should get here in time for me to cast on sock #2.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Deb, what brand? Color? I'm disappointed with Knitpicks lately as they've discontinued a lot of their sock yarn.

Anonymous said...

Deb. me too. I want to know what you discovered. But the 50 gram skein sucks. Would have been nice if it had been 100 grams. Unfortunately, I've got enough sock yarn to last me for a while. Stay warm. Renate

Anonymous said...

Hi Sweetie! Gee, does that mean that you will have a pair of socks worth about $16.00 plus shipping when you are done!? They'd better be warm and machine washable. Love you, Sister Donna

Anonymous said...

You can always do what I do; mix in a contrasting solid color for cuff ribbing, heels and toes and they will look pretty sharp too. Funny, I just got my order in from Astrids Dutch Obsessions; wonderful stuff.

2 Baby Girl Sweaters Finished