Monday, November 26, 2007

After Thanksgiving & Baby Shower items

Well, we survived Thanksgiving at my tiny house. Eleven people were here for the traditional Thanksgiving Dinner. I did as much prep as possible before the big day, so I did manage to get about 45 minutes of knitting in while the 24 lb. turkey was roasting in the oven!


The day after Thanksgiving, I had a slice of pumpkin pie for breakfast! One of my traditions that I've been doing since I was a little girl! Then we decorated a little bit for Christmas.


My youngest daughter was invited to her friend's baby shower for a family member. I didn't want to send my daughter to the shower without a gift, so I whipped up this little baby cap.

http://thriftyknitter.com/?p=77



I used a little bit of yarn from my leftover yarn & I did this on the magic loop. It was so easy & enjoyable that I'm making another cap for a toddler in the family.


My daughter came & went to the baby shower & she had a great time and she was so proud to tell the mother-to-be that the cap was hand-knitted by her mom. My daughter came home with cute party favors. Here's a cute candy pacifier. It was made from a jelly bean, a pink chocolate wafer & a life-saver. How cute is that!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Nice hat! Must have made you feel really great that your daughter was so proud to say you knitted the hat. Love the party favor. Will have to keep that one in mind!

glorm1 said...

You have been busy! That is a great party favor.

Kiwi Baby Sweater and Hat