Sunday, August 05, 2007

The Summer of Bridal Showers & Weddings

As I’ve posted before, I’ve been going to a lot of bridal showers & weddings this summer.

Life in general has kept me busy….almost to the point & was starting to feel stressed about not having time to knit. Well, I have some great & wonderful friends here in the 360 Blog world who had encouraged me to be “good to myself & knit.”

I’ve been real good to myself!

I made a dishtowel & 2 dishcloths as part of a bridal shower gift. I used the Mock-Woven Pattern:, http://www.jimsyldesign.com/~dishbout/kpatterns/mockwoventowel.html

but I did extra repeats until the dish towel was the desired length. Then, I made a matching dishcloth. I also made another dishcloth using the Alex’s Cloth:,

http://www.jimsyldesign.com/%7Edishbout/kpatterns/alexscloth.html

I saw on someone’s blog how they rolled the cloths & tied them with ribbon & put them in a basket. I thought it was a nice touch, so I borrowed the idea.

Sorry…that the photo is crooked, but you get the general idea. The bride-to-be crochets, so she appreciates all the love that went into this gift & I used her favorite colors, yellow & purple, so she really like it.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I wish I had more time to knit dishcloths. I've made some and love them. They make a great "hostess" gift basket along with small bottles of dishsoap and handcream. I'm so pleased to always see your excitement about knitting. Hugs!!

Tywanna's Needlework said...

I like the gift basket. I have knitted me two sets of socks and will be knitting more socks. I love to knit socks because you never see another pair like them. I am knitting a scarf for my exchange partner and will post a picture tomorrow. ~ Take Care ~

Anonymous said...

I've gotten into knitting dish cloths as well by joining two KALs. It's manageable and it's a nice change from other more complicated knitting. I've been wondering how the knitted towel works for you? Is it better than the boughten dish towels? Renate

Anonymous said...

I love the matching dish towel and cloth! And the yarn is so pretty. I stocked up on some cotton while I was in the U.S. this summer, and hope to start making dishcloths, too.

Kiwi Baby Sweater and Hat