Sunday, July 29, 2007

Self Indulgence-Socks

I finally got my 2nd pair of socks done! They were done with Sockotta yarn on size 2 needles, on two circulars. Except for the 1/2 inch ribbing at the cuff, the sock was done completely in the knit stitch. This yarn did all the designing.

I'm real pleased with the results & I look forward to making another pair with this yarn! As a matter of fact, my cousin saw me knitting these & she has put in her request for a pair.

One of the hardest things for me to get used to is that homemade socks are so much bigger that store bought socks! But...they fit & they sure are comfortable!

P.S. Yes, I've already cast on for another pair, but w/different yarn.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

They look very nice, Deb. Anxious to see what yarn you are using next. I've used Sockatta several times and was happy with it.

Anonymous said...

so pretty. they look great :)

Lizzie said...

Nice job! I really need to finish up my deadline projects so I can get back to knitting socks!

Anonymous said...

Very nicely done. Aren't those self-patterning sock yarns great? Renate

Anonymous said...

Your socks are gorgeous! I really like Sockotta yarn.

A Couple of Little Projects