Thursday, July 12, 2007

New Sock Yarn!

Awhile back I purchased some Online Yarn Sock Yarn. I thought that I was buying yarn that was self-patterning in a design like the Fair Isle pattern. However, I discovered that the pattern was stripes & not what I was hoping for. So, I needed to get out for a little bit, which of course, meant a trip to my LYS.

I discovered a new yarn in the store, an import from Italy called Sockotta. It seems like a very nice yarn to work with. It’s 45% Cotton, 40% Superwash Wool, & 15% Nylon. Joansie likes Opal yarn, so I wonder if this fiber content is similar? The price is very reasonable for a sock yarn.

http://www.halcyonyarn.com/Yarn_pages/yarn202.html

I’ve only started working with this yarn, but I’m pretty pleased with results so far.

I’m taking a trip to a family reunion the weekend, so now I have a sock to knit while riding in the car for a couple of hours.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Love the color way of this sock yarn.!!!! let me know how you like it once you get it worked up..

Anonymous said...

I love the colors. I don't use the Opal cotton yarn, so I can't tell you if it has the same fiber content. Renate

Anonymous said...

I just noticed that you are using two circulars. Is that correct? Perhaps you can give us "hints" on using them. I haven't had to time to stop and figure it out yet.

Anonymous said...

I've knitted several pairs with Sockotta. If you check my sock section, the yellow and light blue ones are my favorite. I find the two brands to be very different. Both have their "pluses". I currently have a Sockotta skein in shades of purple that I still need to knit up.

Anonymous said...

Great looking yarn. I have my name on a list to learn how to knit socks hopefully in November at a yarn store in Greensboro it's a 30 minute drive but I think it will be worth the drive. I think they have Regia sock yarn. I hope you post a picture when you are finished with your socks.

Kiwi Baby Sweater and Hat