Tuesday, June 26, 2007

It's Been A Busy Summer

Its been a busy summer so far. Birthdays, Mother's Day, Father's Day, more Birthdays, baby showers, wedding showers, graduation parties, & weddings....along w/life in general! Whew! I've had hardly any time to knit, so that's why I haven't kept up w/my blog too well.


I've spent a lot time going back & for to appointments, so that's where I have been able to concentrate on my knitting. While waiting in a waiting room today, I was able to get a lot of the Textured Slip Stitch Dishcloth (AKA Ballband Dishcloth)
done.

Currently, I have the back of cardigan sweater in the works. I needed a basic white sweater. I used to be able to give my dear mom a yell & she'd have a sweater or a blanket or whatever whipped up for me in no time, but now, I have to carry on the legacy handed down to me from my mom. I've been playing around w/the Sweater Wizard software, but I haven't been able to figure out how to design a cardigan that I do not have to knit the button band separately, but it might be awhile before I get to knitting the fronts of the sweater.

I'm also working on a sock, but the poor thing has been frogged so many times that I have decided to take a break from it. I also have been thinking about getting started on a afghan for a very dear relative that will be getting married soon. I just need a break for all the action, so that I can get to a store for some yarn. Sounds like therapy to me.

So, that's what been going on w/me. I'm still here....trying to get back to my knitting.


3 comments:

rnlaughalot said...

Thanks for the good wishes we had a good day today and I believe it's only going to get better. I don't want another weekend like last weekend and it's been hard but God is good.
Hugs
Esther

Anonymous said...

Wow, you have been busy, Deb! Don't give up on the socks! You will love it in the end. I'm trying to remember which "Wizard" it was that you purchased that I was curious about. Have you tried all of them? Happy Knitting!

Anonymous said...

I'm tired just reading about all your activities. LOL. That dish cloth has a nice pattern which would look nice in a sweater knit with a lighter yarn, such as sports weight. Don't give up on the socks. May I suggest that both of you, the socks and you, take a little nap before continuing. Renate

A Couple of Little Projects